The Best Math Flash Card Application for Parents AND Children
on the iPhone and iPod touch
Flash Card Genius is a fun and easy to use math flash card application for the iPhone and iPod touch that helps your children build a strong foundation in the core knowledge of Addition, Subtraction and Multiplication. Flash Card Genius is the only flash card application that maintains a profile of your children's performances to help and guide them through their areas of difficulty. With the 'Flash Card Tutor' setting, each of your child's strengths and weaknesses are analyzed, helping them improve by testing more frequently on the number combinations they have the most trouble with. If your child has difficulties with 6's and 7's in multiplication, among the other combinations they will be subtly tested more often. You can view and compare current and historical performance, giving you insight as a parent on areas you may wish to focus your attention on when helping them with their math skills. Flash Card Genius isn't an application just for your children... it's a tool for both you and your children!
I created Flash Card Genius for my son who was in second grade. With classes now heavily impacted, he wasn't being given the personal attention to truly help him with his foundational mathematics. I created this application to help me find the areas he had difficulty with and help me focus attention on those number combinations. My son responded positively, I'm sure yours will too. However, not every child learns in the same manner, so please send me feedback on features that would help you and your children succeed. I am eager to continue to enhance Flash Card Genius for YOUR children, through free updates. Try Flash Card Genius, and help me make it the flash card application that enhances your children's education!
- Create and manage multiple profiles, for all of your genius children.
- Addition, Subtraction and Multiplication for the foundational 0-10 number combinations.
- Flash Card Tutor: an optional setting that adjusts the number combinations of the flash cards to allow your children to practice their areas of difficulty more often.
- Select between 10, 20, 50 or an unlimited number of flash cards for quick practice or longer learning sessions.
TIP: if you wish to refresh your child's statistics, simply delete their old profile and create a new one.
Select which types of flash cards to use, and how many (10, 20, 50 or a continuous amount) and turn on/off the Flash Card Tutor. The Flash Card and Statistics pages are all based on the settings selected.
- Answer selection uses a number line to aid in your children's learning. Through subtle use, they begin to inherently relate number combinations relative to 5, 10 and 20. With the plus and minus buttons they can accurately choose their number.
- All answers are revealed to them, showing them not only they got it right, but if they got the answer wrong, what the proper value was. The number line slider will slide to it's value, further supporting relative numerical association.
TIP: The number slider is easy to use, but can be more difficult to select the exact number when doing multiplication. Show your children the '+' and '-' buttons on either side of the slider to easily increase or decrease their answers.
- Statistics for current and historical performance are maintained for the individual addition, subtraction and multiplication categories. At any time you can see relative graphs of correct and incorrect answers and identify improvements and patterns of difficulty.
- Correct answers are noted in blue. Incorrect answers are noted in red.
TIP: Compare their latest session ('Current') with their previous sessions ('Historical') to determine if improvements have been made in key areas. Remember, the Flash Card Tutor will strengthen your child's skills through continued practice.